Solar Power World, the industry’s leading source for technology, development and installation news, presents the 2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors list. The list ranks applicants according to their influence in the U.S. solar industry in 2016.
The list details the location of a company, how many people it employs, its primary market (utility, commercial, residential) and its primary service (EPC, developer, rooftop contractor, installation subcontractor, electrical subcontractor). Companies choose their primary market and primary service. That does not mean they only work in these areas. They could work across all markets and all services, and their listed kilowatts reflect their cumulative installation numbers from the last year in all markets, services and states. Ranks are determined by the number of kilowatts (DC) a company was involved with installing in 2016 in the United States only. If two companies reported the same 2016 numbers, they were sorted by total kilowatts installed and then alphabetically.
More information on the 2017 list:
- Read our FAQs to see more information on how the list is established and the different service definitions.
- View our digital edition of the print issue to see the 2017 Top Solar Contractors list in all its designed beauty!
- Read all of our features on 2017 Top Solar Contractor companies online.
- Subscribe to Solar Power World online and in print (for free!) to stay up to date on solar news and Top Solar Contractors information all year.
- See each individual list (by market, service and select state) on our Top Solar Contractors landing page.