Solar Power World, the leading online and print resource for news regarding solar installation, development and technology, is also your one-stop-shop for solar+storage information. The energy storage market is being described as “the solar industry five years ago,” and we think that means we’ll be seeing a quick increase of storage installed on solar projects starting now. Solar Power World has been covering energy storage in the solar industry for years, but we’ll be improving and increasing our solar+storage content to help our solar developer and installer readers tap into this emerging market.
If you’re a solar installer and have questions about energy storage and how to incorporate it into your solar projects, Solar Power World will try to find you answers. Send us your questions here, and we’ll help you out.
As we ramp up our solar+storage coverage, we’ve collected excellent contributions from across the industry. Here are some basics to get you started:
- The different batteries used in solar+storage
- The components of a solar+storage system
- How to choose the right battery
- Common types of solar+storage installations
- How to check a solar battery’s state of charge
- How to size your battery bank
- How commercial storage works
- Calculating the true cost of energy storage
- How much residential energy storage projects can save
- A legal perspective on storage, solar and the ITC
- Springtime battery maintenance
- Preparing battery banks for winter
- Flow batteries and long-duration storage
- Nanocarbon batteries
- Lithium-ion batteries
- Energy storage can alleviate uncertainties of demand response programs
- Future-proofing solar PV savings with energy storage
- What is AC and DC coupling?
- Advantages of a DC-coupled solar storage system