The APsystems QS1, an innovative four-module, single-phase microinverter for residential applications, is now shipping in the United States.
The QS1 offers 300% faster installation time, while offering the highest peak output power and up to three times faster data transmission speed than PLC. A wider MPPT voltage range will result in a greater energy harvest for homeowners.
The first of its kind, the QS1 is designed to accommodate today’s high-output PV panels up to 375 W, offering 300 WAC output per channel, highest in the microinverter segment. The unit significantly reduces installation time and costs, taking the place of four conventional microinverters per each QS1 installed while providing independent MPPT for each module.
The QS1 shares common AC trunk cabling with APsystems’ popular dual-module YC600 microinverter, offering flexible mix-and-match compatibility on the same circuit to enhance site design capability and maximize circuit capacity. Both microinverters utilize the same gateways; installers can choose from the ECU-R, for single or multi-residential installations, or the ECU-C, for applications requiring consumption monitoring and advanced contact/relay features.
QS1 features include:
- Four-module microinverter with independent MPPT
- 300% faster installation than conventional microinverters
- 300VA peak output per channel
- Accommodates modules up to 375W
- Wide MPPT voltage range (22V-45V)
- Meets NEC 2014/2017 690.12 Rapid Shutdown requirements
- Ultra-fast 2.4 GHz ZigBee communications & Free Monitoring
News item from APsystems