Solar Power World, the solar industry’s leading business-to-business publication, today announced the release of its 2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors list. The Top Solar Contractors list is the most recognized annual listing of solar contractors in the United States working in the utility, commercial and residential markets.
“The 2017 Top Solar Contractors list features 500 of the best solar contractors in the United States,” said Kelly Pickerel, managing editor of Solar Power World. “From solar hotbeds on the coasts to the up-and-coming Midwest solar market, every installer adding even the smallest solar array to the grid is making a positive impact on our communities. We’re proud to recognize these companies and their efforts to bring solar power to U.S. homes and businesses.”
Companies are grouped and listed by specific service (developers, electrical subcontractors, EPCs, installation subcontractors, rooftop contractors), markets (commercial, residential, utility) and states by 2016 installed capacity (in kWdc).
Here are some ways to interact with the 2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors list:
- Go straight to the web-based 2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors list
- See the list and related content as it’s printed in the magazine with our Digital Edition
- See all of our Top Contractor features from the magazine
Lists of contractors by market:
Lists of contractors by service:
- Top Solar Developers
- Top Solar EPCs
- Top Electrical Subcontractors
- Top Installation Subcontractors
- Top Rooftop Contractors
Lists of contractors by selected states:
- Top Arizona Solar Contractors
- Top California Solar Contractors
- Top Colorado Solar Contractors
- Top Florida Solar Contractors
- Top Maryland Solar Contractors
- Top Massachusetts Solar Contractors
- Top New Jersey Solar Contractors
- Top New York Solar Contractors
- Top North Carolina Solar Contractors
- Top Pennsylvania Solar Contractors
- Top Texas Solar Contractors
- Top Utah Solar Contractors
- Top Washington Solar Contractors
The U.S. solar market installed more than 14,700 MW of solar in 2016, nearly doubling the capacity installed in 2015. For the first time ever, solar was ranked as the No. 1 source of new electric generating capacity additions brought online throughout the year. GTM Research and the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) predict the cumulative U.S. solar market to nearly triple in size over the next five years. By 2022, more than 18 GW of solar photovoltaic capacity will be installed annually, and all 500 of the 2017 Top Solar Contractors class will contribute to this astounding number.
Other interesting facts about the 2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors list:
- 451 of the 500 listees stated they were involved in the commercial market; 387 worked in residential; 186 participated in the utility market.
- 55% of companies get 100% of their solar business within their headquartered state.
- 69 companies also installed solar thermal projects in the last year.
- 59% of Top Solar Contractors added energy storage technology to solar projects in 2016.
To ensure the quality of the list, Solar Power World again worked with a contractor advisory panel. Members of these companies assisted with reviewing installation claims:
Eco Estates International
GenPro Energy Solutions
Innovative Power Systems
Main Street Solar
Michigan Solar Solutions
New England Clean Energy
Simply Solar Systems
Yes Solar Solutions
For more information on the annual Top Solar Contractors list, please read our FAQs.
Michelle Spisak says
What are the top Northern Alabama Solar Contractors?
Kelly Pickerel says
We only had one Alabama applicant this year: Southern Solar Systems