Enphase Energy announced the closing of its acquisition of solar design software company Sofdesk, headquartered in Montreal, Canada. Sofdesk’s Solargraf integrated software platform offers digital tools and services designed to simplify and accelerate the end-to-end sales process across the residential solar industry.
The Solargraf platform provides solar installers with pre-sales engagement design, quoting and work-flow management from any PC, tablet or mobile device. In addition, Sofdesk also offers Roofgraf, a software product that enables roofing contractors to generate homeowner proposals using advanced machine learning technology.
The acquisition is expected to provide the following benefits:
- Secures a software platform that helps create a reliable and predictable buying experience across the residential solar market, leading to better customer experiences
- Adds significant resources to accelerate the software product roadmap and provide best-in-class customer service to Sofdesk’s 700+ solar installer base
- Offers digital sales enablement tools and services to the Enphase Installer Network for homeowner proposal generation, permitting, third-party financing and post-sales support
- Develops a new customer segment of roofing contractors that subscribe to Roofgraf, Sofdesk’s roofing software
- Augments Enphase’s existing software engineering capabilities with a talented team of software engineers with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning expertise
“We are thrilled to join forces with Sofdesk,” said Badri Kothandaraman, president and CEO of Enphase Energy. “Our companies share a commitment to transform the solar industry with advanced technology. We are delighted to welcome Sofdesk’s installer partners to Enphase and look forward to working with the talented team at Sofdesk to help reduce solar soft costs and improve the overall installer experience.”
“This acquisition supercharges Enphase’s digital transformation efforts,” said Jayant Somani, VP of digital transformation at Enphase Energy. “With these tools, residential installers can drive the industry toward better customer journeys, create happier customers and help accelerate the transition to clean energy.”
“I am very proud of the company we built and excited about our future with Enphase,” said Lennie Moreno, founder and CEO of Sofdesk. “Our products have been embraced by leading installers and roofing contractors in North America, and we look forward to working with Enphase to expand our offering internationally and into the small commercial segment to deliver the best installer and homeowner experiences in solar, storage and roofing.”
News item from Enphase Energy