This webinar was presented live on Tuesday, October 27, 2020. Click below to watch it on demand.
The building of a solar infrastructure can depend on economic drivers and the pressure to achieve parity with traditional electrical power sources. Therefore, cutting costs and increasing the output of a photovoltaic (PV) system is a priority. One way to achieve these objectives is by enhancing the circuit protection within the architecture. Solar applications require unique circuit protection that can handle extreme temperature variations and harsh ambient temperatures, high dc voltages as well as low-overload currents just to name a few. By adding in proper solar circuit protection, a more economical architecture can be designed, equipment is safeguarded, downtime is reduced, and safety is improved, creating a more efficient and cost-effective PV system with maximum output.
Attendees of this webinar will learn:
- Why solar fuses are unique compared to general-purpose fuses
- Solar standard requirements and how to design in safety
- How to properly size fuses to increase efficiencies
- The difference between the prevalent system architectures
- The benefits of using high-ampacity solar fuses to reduce architecture costs and improve safety
Global Segment Manager, Renewable Energy
Moderator, Editor in Chief
Solar Power World