Hoymiles has released the U.S. version of its single-phase hybrid inverters HYS-LV-USG1. With these high-performance, reliable inverters, Hoymiles aims to help address the increased demand for solar energy and energy storage in the U.S. market.
Hybrid solar systems involve the use of solar panels, batteries and the main grid, as well as generators in some cases for added reliability. Hoymiles’ hybrid inverters are integral to such systems, enabling the two-way conversion of electricity from AC to DC and vice-versa. This allows the HYS-LV-USG1 Series hybrid system to dynamically switch between power sources depending on energy production, price and usage.
The inverters are built for optimal energy performance. Covering the power class from 3.8 kW to 11.5 kW and supporting both DC- and AC-coupled systems, they are adaptable to a wide range of scenarios. The up-to-32A MPPT current provides seamless compatibility with all mainstream PV modules, and the 97.6% maximum efficiency represents a standard unmatched in the industry.
- The series supports 120/240V backup power without an external autotransformer.
- The DC/AC ratio of 1.5 results in significantly lower cost when compared with systems of the same capacity using other inverters.
- It provides seamless backup power either for the whole home or for critical loads so that users are always connected to power.
- The hybrid inverters have integrated arc fault protection and rapid shutdown function for ultimate safety and reliability.
- The intelligent EMS function supports self-consumption mode, economic mode and backup mode for diverse scenario applications.
The inverters also allow users to check real-time system data and perform remote O&M via a transfer stick (DTS). Additionally, Hoymiles has designed the inverters to be compact and simple to install, meaning they can be easily integrated into any hybrid system.
“Our cutting-edge hybrid inverters seamlessly merge solar and grid power, bringing cost-effective and reliable energy within everyone’s reach. Especially in North America, a key market for us, these hybrid inverters aren’t just a product, they’re an instrument of energy independence and resilience amidst evolving challenges such as extreme weather,” said Neutron Wang, Hoymiles’ product director. “By acting as a medium between solar and grid energy, we ensure electricity is not just accessible but also adaptable and reliable. With our latest inverters, we are pushing the frontiers of solar technology, fostering energy autonomy and shaping a future where everyone has access to clean, sustainable energy.”
News item from Hoymiles