Panasonic has unveiled a new generation of the EverVolt home battery system. The new version offers a maximum 18-kWh lithium-iron phosphate (LFP) battery capacity. Up to four EverVolt batteries can be stacked to a single EverVolt SmartBox (the company’s new home energy management device) to achieve 30 kW of power and 72 kWh of energy.
“With the increased focus on clean energy, the EverVolt Home Battery System provides homeowners with a new, enhanced solution for energy management that is easy to install and can be used with new and existing solar systems,” said Mukesh Sethi, Director, Solar and Energy Storage, Panasonic Eco Systems North America, a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America.
Additional features of the new EverVolt Home Battery System include:
- Up to 15.2 kW of solar modules can be connected to three maximum power point trackers (MPPT) for higher yields and flexible design
- Up to 7.6 kW of continuous backup power in a single EverVolt Home Battery System
- Multiple operating modes, including back-up mode, self-use mode, time-of-use mode and custom modes which can be set through the mobile app
- Black-start functionality to restart the system with solar power after a long outage
- Compatible with generators of up to 125A for long power outages
- Outdoor rated with a complete 12-year product warranty
The SmartBox energy management system seamlessly switches to the battery backup for supply of electricity during a power outage or grid failure and enables homeowners to control up to six loads (appliances connected to an electrical panel).
The new Panasonic EverVolt Home Battery System and SmartBox will be available in Fall 2023.
News item from Panasonic