Penetrations are the most common source of roof leaks. The best low-slope roof is compromised the moment it is punctured. Punctures can occur from mechanical fasteners, pipes, electrical conduits, solar arrays, lighting support, wiring, HVAC, etc. Every penetration is an invitation for water to pass through the membrane and into the building’s interior.
To protect the original investment of the roof, avoid callbacks and prevent damage caused by water, building owners and contractors should choose the most effective, proven, long-term penetration seals available: Chem Link’s ChemCurb and E-Curb Systems. Curbs can turn the weakest part of a building’s roof into the strongest.
- Easy to install – normally fewer than 15 minutes per penetration
- Fits any size or shape penetration allowing for unlimited configurations
- Can be bonded to a wide range of surfaces
- Sealants and adhesives are 100% solids and do not shrink.
- E-Curb and ChemCurb installations are impervious to ice, corrosion, UV light and ponding water.
- Adhesives and sealants are solvent-free and contain virtually no VOCS, minimizing health risks to contractors and building occupants.
Types of Curbs and Available Sizes
CHEMCURB: Heavy-duty ChemCurbs are composed of tough, polyester resin 2 inches in height and are available in a variety of shapes and sizes. These components can be configured for square, rectangular, round or oval patterns of varying sizes to accommodate virtually any type and number of penetrations. Available in gray only.
- Straight (length): 6 & 12 inch
- Rounds (i.d.): 5 & 7.5 inch
- Corners (radius): 2 inch
E-CURB: Economical thinner-walled, lighter-weight E-Curbs are composed of tough, vinyl resin and are engineered with flange to ensure a watertight seal. They are available in a variety of sizes and shapes and can be used to create virtually any configuration to surround penetrations. Available in gray and white.
- Straight (length): 3 & 8 inch
- Rounds (i.d.): 3, 4, 5, 6 & 9 inch
- Corners (radius): 2 inch
- Rectangle: 4.5 x 3.5 inch
Curbs for Solar Mounts
Chem Link’s curb systems are ideal flashing systems for solar racking standoffs because they are efficient and easy to install, regardless of the installers’ skill set. Curb systems are superior to other penetration seal systems that are notorious for corroding, are labor-intensive and do not offer configuration flexibility. This system will save installers time and labor, leading to cost savings.
Curbs for HVAC/R
E-Curbs are highly versatile for sealing penetrations around HVAC, electrical and any type of structural supports. E-Curb penetration seals replace old-style metal pitch pans with versatile, precast components and 1-Part® polyether pourable sealants. Chem Link’s E-Curb System can usually be installed in under 15 minutes and never requires flashing or mechanical attachment.
Easy to Install 3-Part System Using Curbs, Adhesive & Pourable Sealant
- Prime penetrations using M-1® Universal Sealant/Adhesive, extending up 3 inches from the base and tool in. Apply three 1/4-inch diameter beads to the bottom of each curb section. *DuraLink® 50 should be substituted for M-1 when used on metal roof surfaces.
- Press the curb in place. Seal around the joints and outside of the curb with a bead of M-1 and tool to ensure a monolithic seal.
- Fill curb with 1-Part pourable sealer when installing around high movement details and on granulated surfaces. *Other options available such as Pro Pack® (two-component urethane), DuraLink 50 for vertical or steep-slope options and DuraSil® SL for silicone roof coatings or hot pipe applications.
* For complete installation instructions refer to the technical data sheets available on chemlink.com.
Sponsored Content from Chem Link