During the annual SunPower Dealer Conference this week, the company recognized seven of its installation dealers for exceptionally designed and deployed solar projects commissioned last year. SunPower’s installing dealer base of more than 550 small and medium-sized businesses provide localized sales, installation and support to residential and commercial customers across 49 states.
“Installing Dealers are the backbone of our business, delivering quality solar expertise and energy solutions that customers expect from SunPower,” said Norm Taffe, SunPower executive vice president, North America. “It’s a privilege to recognize several that went above and beyond in 2019. Looking ahead, total installed solar capacity is expected to double in the U.S. over the next five years, and our highly-qualified dealers stand ready to effectively meet increased customer interest across the country.”
SunPower 2019 Intelegant Award Winners
Intelegant – a portmanteau combining “intelligent” and “elegant” to represent SunPower’s smart and sleek solar solutions – defines the award recognizing residential and commercial projects that exemplify the company’s commitment to outstanding system aesthetics, quality, and performance, as well as customer satisfaction. Images of the award-winning installations can be found here.
National Residential Intelegant Award – Air Sun Solar based in Visalia, California, earned the National Residential Intelegant Award for complementing a custom-built architect’s residence with an expanded, SunPower Equinox Solar energy system using SunPower panels.
Regional Residential Intelegant Awards
Dealers recognized for outstanding home solar projects in their respective regions included:
- SunPower by Stellar Solar from Oceanside, California, for a 32-kW system installed at an energy smart home in Rancho Santa Fe
- GreenLogic Energy from Southampton, New York, for a 4.7-kW system installed flush with the roof plane on a home in Southampton
- SunPower by Legacy Solar from Bloomington, Illinois, for a 10.8-kW system installed for a tech-savvy homeowner in Court Champaign
National Commercial Intelegant Award
Renova Energy based in Palm Desert, California, secured the National Commercial Intelegant Award for a 207-kW SunPower Helix Roof system installed at a flagship Porsche dealership in Palm Springs for the indiGO Auto Group.
Regional Commercial Intelegant Awards
Dealers recognized for outstanding commercial solar projects in their respective regions included:
- Cool Earth Solar from Pleasanton, California, for a 451-kW rooftop and carport project installed at biotechnology company ATUM’s campus in Newark
- TerraSol Energies, from Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania, for a 467-kW rooftop and carport project installed at a coastal health facility in Atlantic City, New Jersey
News item from SunPower