Tigo is launching its new TS4-A-2F (Fire Safety), the advanced retrofit/add-on rapid shutdown solution for two modules that provides smart PV module functionality at Solar Power International. The TS4-A-2F is the newest, most partner adopted, and most cost-effective addition to Tigo’s advanced generation of flexible module-level power electronics in the TS4 Platform.
The UL-certified TS4-A-2F complies with NEC 2017 690.12 Rapid Shutdown specifications when installed with Tigo’s UL-certified RSS Transmitter or an inverter with Tigo’s built-in RSS Transmitter. The unit’s powerline communication can be easily verified with Tigo’s RSS Signal Detector. System owners can ensure safety by upgrading existing PV systems or by adding these safety features to new installations.
The highlights of TS4-A-2F include:
- Maximum Total Power is 1000 W for two modules
- Maximum Current is 15A per input
- Available as 1500 V UL
- UL-certified as NEC 2017 Rapid Shutdown Solution
- Snap to standard module frame or rack mounting
- Module-level deactivation with automatic or manual shutdown
- PV array enters rapid shutdown in event of AC grid loss
- Powerline communication (PLC) signaling
- Smaller unit dimensions with reduced weight per unit by 25%
- Reduced shipping costs with 33% more units per pallet
- Recessed mounting allows shipments of pre-assembled PV modules
- Improved heat dissipation with over-temperature and over-voltage protection
- Improved IP68 rating for greater outdoor exposure
“Tigo’s TS4-A-2F is the most cost-effective rapid shutdown solution on the market today thanks to the accommodation of two modules,”said Zvi Alon, chairman and CEO at Tigo. “Our inverter and module manufacturing partners see the value in this solution due to its readiness for new or existing systems of any size. Solar Power International is the perfect event to launch while we can collaborate with our many tier one partners to offer this UL-certified solution.”
Tigo’s TS4-A-2F is shipping with module manufacturers and distributors worldwide. This unit joins the other advanced retrofit/add-on units announced earlier this year: TS4-A-F (Fire Safety),TS4-A-O (Optimization),andTS4-A-O-Duo (Optimization per 2 modules).
News item from Tigo