Solar Power World kicked off 2019 North America Smart Energy Week at Solar Power International by celebrating the past year’s solar accomplishments at the magazine’s seventh-annual Top Solar Contractors Gala. Solar installers on SPW’s 2019 Top Solar Contractors list were invited to the gala at the Hilton Salt Lake City Center in Utah on September 23.
Attendees from across the country were treated to a happy hour, solar photo booth and dinner. Tony Chen, VP of business development for the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), kicked off the awards ceremony with an overview of the year in solar and some thoughts on what’s next for the industry.
Solar Power World editors then presented awards to the Top Solar Contractors that placed first in specialized categories in the 2019 Top Solar Contractors issue, including editor-selected winners of the Greenest and Most Forward-Thinking awards.
This year’s winners included:
- Top Utility-Scale Contractor, EPC and Overall: Mortenson
- Top Developer: Cypress Creek Renewables
- Top Commercial-Scale Contractor: AUI Partners
- Top Residential-Scale Contractor: Trinity Solar
- Top Rooftop Contractor: Titan Solar Power
- Top Installation Subcontractor: HCS Renewable
- Top Electrical Subcontractor: Directional Services
- Top Solar+Storage Installer: Helix Electric
- Greenest Contractor: Innovative Power Systems
- Most Forward-Thinking Contractor: Sigora Solar
Special thanks to ABB for sponsoring the gala and to HCS Renewable for sponsoring the networking reception.