REC Group official unveiled its new solar module series at Intersolar Europe. REC Alpha Series delivers industry-beating power of up to 380 Wp, making this the world’s most powerful 60-cell solar panel. Based on proprietary panel design with revolutionary cell technology, the new product is already acknowledged by a granted design patent.
“At REC, it is the next generation which matters. And we trust in the power of next-generation technology,” said CEO Steve O’Neil. “The Alpha is a completely fresh take on solar power generation. It opens up a big power gap beyond what is commercially available today. By offering such a high value solar panel, REC is again setting new trends, and creating a ‘win-win-win’ opportunity for REC, our partners and solar professionals, as well as home owners and businesswho want to make a difference for the next generation.”
Emerging from REC’s leadership in half-cut cell technology, the Alpha is built around 120 half-cut heterojunction cells (HJT) and advanced connection technology, designed by engineering experts from Germany and Singapore. With HJT, REC combines the benefits of crystalline silicon solar cells with those of thin film technologies for much higher efficiency and energy yield, even at higher temperatures.
Other product highlights:
- Two versions available: white backsheet (up to 380 Wp) and as a full-black panel (up to 375 Wp).
- REC’s pioneering and award-winning ‘Twin Panel’ design: Introduced in 2014, this delivers demonstrably better performance in shaded conditions.
- REC’s commercialized half-cut cell technology: The Alpha features high efficiency n-type mono-wafers between thin layers of amorphous silicon.
- REC’s unique frame design: The 30-mm thin frame construction allows more panels per pallet, an easy installation and allows the Alpha to withstand snow loads of 7,000 Pa.
- Industry-leading warranty: 25-year product warranty on installations by REC Solar Professionals (otherwise 20 years), and a 25-year power output warranty.
- Even better for the environment: Manufacturing of REC Alpha solar panels requires less energy, which is further reducing the carbon footprint.
The Alpha delivers the world’s best power density on a 60-cell module, a key consideration when space is tight – like on any rooftop. With the REC Alpha Series, customers will get over 20% more power from the same area and the same number of panels – or the same energy output from less space. This reduces the balance of system costs. In addition to better economics, customers can also look forward to an increase in the value of their property:several studies in various countries show that a premium solar installation on the roof is adding value to the property and is a highly desired extra for home-buyers, not least due to the better energy performance rating.
News item from REC