Enphase released a video detailing the company’s new “grid-agnostic” Ensemble system, which it says will be released in select North American cities around December 2019.
The company said the first release of the Ensemble solution will include the IQ 8-powered Encharge battery for energy storage and the Enpower switch for control. This initial Ensemble solution is designed to be compatible with IQ 6 and IQ 7 systems for either existing or new installs.
Enphase plans to release the IQ 8 in mid 2020.
The company outlined the five key components of its new Ensemble solution:
- IQ 8 is the 8th generation of Enphase microinverters, ensuring reliability from a decade of continuous improvement. This generation provide a cost-effective option for traditional solar, while providing for the potential to upgrade with additional equipment for always-on capability.
- The Encharge Battery is designed to optimize energy generation to save money when tied to the grid and maximize availability during emergency when off-grid capability is enabled.
- The Enpower switch seamlessly isolates a home for operation during a blackout.
- The IQ Combiner enables real-time connection of a solar system to the cloud with the most efficient, effective and reliable communication protocols. The IQ Combiner ensures the longevity of the warranty for the lifetime of a system and allows the installer and Enphase to troubleshoot if needed to provide the best ROI.
- The Enlighten Cloud Software delivers real-time monitoring and insights of solar generation, energy usage, connection to the grid and battery usage.