PowerGuard Specialty Insurance Services — a renewable energy program manager based in the United States — announced the availability of a unique, first of its kind, insured full-system warranty for residential solar installations, including solar panels, wiring/leads and inverters.
Available to dealers/installers of residential solar energy systems, the comprehensive PowerGuard warranty program is backed by an AA rated insurance carrier, carries no deductible and includes parts and labor.
Benefits to the installer’s residential customers include:
- Immediate Coverage: Coverage begins on the day the system is installed or the warranty is purchased for follow up sales.
- Transferable: Increased value occurs should the home be sold during the coverage period by offering the new owners the same program and its benefits.
- Coverage for Parts and Components: Avoid costly repairs — the plan provides the components and labor needed for covered repairs throughout the coverage period.
- No Deductible: Covered repairs are paid in full with no deductibles — that means no out of pocket costs to the homeowner.
- No Hassles, no paperwork: When a repair is needed, someone who understands the system and how to diagnose the issue and schedule the necessary on-site repairs as quickly as possible is a must. One quick and easy toll-free phone call is all that it takes.
“We are truly excited to continue our history of innovation and industry leadership with the launch of this ground-breaking new Residential Solar Protection Program,” said Mike McMullen, co-Founder of PowerGuard. “PowerGuard’s suite of insurance and warranty service contract products are specifically geared towards solving unique challenges faced by today’s renewable energy companies, allowing them to concentrate on building their operations, rather than on the potential economic consequences of significant product failures and unknown risks.”
Interested dealers/installers may request a dealer packet from PowerGuard, which includes:
- Administration Agreement
- BEAR License Application (California)
- Billing Agreement
- Service Agreement (Parts and Labor)
- Customer Registration Portal Instructions
News item from PowerGuard Specialty Insurance Services