Kicking off Solar Power International 2018, Solar Power World hosted the sixth annual Top Solar Contractors Gala at the Hilton in Anaheim, California. The gala celebrates solar installers, developers and subcontractors represented on the 2018 Top Solar Contractors list.
The event this year included networking, dinner and awards. More than 115 contractor companies were in attendance this year, from as close as Los Angeles to as far as Anchorage, Alaska. The evening started with remarks from Tony Chen, VP of business development for the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA).
Solar Power World editors Kelly Pickerel and Kelsey Misbrener presented contractors at the top of various categories in the Top Solar Contractors issue with awards on stage. Awards included:
- Top Utility-Scale Contractor, EPC and Overall: Swinerton Renewable Energy
- Top Developer: Cypress Creek Renewables
- Top Commercial-Scale Contractor: AUI Partners
- Top Residential-Scale Contractor: Sunnova
- Top Rooftop Contractor: Titan Solar Power
- Top Installation Subcontractor: Arraycon
- Top Electrical Subcontractor: CSI Electrical Contractors
- Greenest Contractor: The Solar Store
- Most Forward-Thinking Contractor: Buffalo Solar Solutions
ABB sponsored the evening’s events and PexCard and ProSight Specialty Insurance sponsored the two networking and cocktail receptions.
Additional images from the gala can be seen on Solar Power World‘s Facebook page.