The conversations about solar might be a little easier these days, but that doesn’t mean the hard work to advance the industry is done. And while loud voices get a lot of attention, it’s often the quieter, more thoughtful leaders who are making the most progress.
In the pages below, we call attention to eight individuals who don’t often get recognition for making great strides at promoting solar adoption across the United States. Solar Power World didn’t pick these people out of a hat; fellow peers suggested who was deserving of being known as an industry influencer. You can read their stories and personal interactions with these solar innovators and get a unique look into the significant work happening in solar right now.
Congratulations to Solar Power World’s Innovators & Influencers of 2018! We look forwarding to seeing how you shape solar’s future.
The 2018 Innovators & Influencers as recognized by Solar Power World include:
- Fortunat Mueller, co-founder and president of ReVision Energy – written by Will Arnold of Quest Renewables
- Stephen Irvin, co-founder of Amicus Solar – written by Amanda Bybee of Amicus O&M Cooperative
- Blake Jones, co-founder of Clean Energy Credit Union – written by David Dixon of Native
- John Grieser, co-owner of Elemental Energy – written by Meghan Craig of OSEIA
- Spencer Wright, founder of Harness the Sun – written by Micah Gold-Markel of Solar States
- Jacqueline Patterson, director of the NAACP Environmental and Climate Justice Program – written by Sara Baldwin Auck of the Interstate Renewable Energy Council
- Scott Wiater, president of Standard Solar – written by Mark Richardson of U.S. Light Energy
- Erika Symmonds, VP of workforce development and service-learning at GRID Alternatives – written by Kristen Graf of Women of Renewable Industries and Sustainable Energy (WRISE)
See all their stories here.