Solar contractors from across the country came to Mandalay Bay Sunday night to celebrate their spots on the Solar Power World 2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors list. Nearly 400 solar installers, developers, subcontractors and other industry professionals came together for the fifth annual Top Solar Contractors gala.
The event this year included networking, dinner and awards. Of the 400 in attendance, over 300 represented 100 contractor companies on the annual list. The evening started with remarks from Abigail Ross Hopper, president and CEO of the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA).
Solar Power World editors Kathie Zipp, Kelly Pickerel and Kelsey Misbrener presented contractors at the top of various categories in the Top 500 issue with awards on stage. Awards included:
- Top Utility-Scale Contractor, EPC and Overall: Blattner Energy
- Top Commercial-Scale Contractor: SunPower
- Top Residential-Scale Contractor: Vivint Solar
- Top Rooftop Contractor: PetersenDean Roofing and Solar
- Top Installation Subcontractor: Alternative Energy Development
- Top Electrical Subcontractor: Baker Electric
- Greenest Contractor: Wright-Way Solar Technologies
- Most Forward-Thinking Contractor: Iowa Wind and Solar
- The Brian D. Robertson Memorial Fund Award: Rural Renewable Energy Alliance (RREAL) (read about the winning project here)
Yaskawa Solectria Solar sponsored the evening’s events and HCS Renewable Energy and Boviet Solar USA sponsored the two networking and cocktail receptions.
The 2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors Gala was supported by generous solar manufacturers and solar providers: