Solar Power World, the industry’s leading business-to-business publication, announces the release of the 2015 Top 500 Solar Contractors list. This is the most recognized annual listing of North America’s top solar contractors working in the utility, commercial, residential and off-grid markets.
Companies on the list are grouped by specific service (construction firms, developers, electrical subcontractors, EPCs, rooftop contractors, solar hot water installers), markets (commercial, off-grid, residential, utility) and states by 2014 installed capacity.
This year, a 24-contractor advisory board was established to assist us in verifying installation claims. The 2015 advisory board was essential to ensuring the Top Contractors list is as accurate as possible. A list of our advisory board is at the bottom of this release.
Solar Power World also received assistance and feedback from SolarReviews. The SolarReviews ‘Pre-Screened Solar Pro’ program is a performance-based quality accreditation for solar installers. Consumers and business owners looking to install solar can trust an installer with this badge, which appears in the print and digital editions of the Top 500 Solar Contractors list.
When it comes to solar hot water installers, this year’s list is determined by the number of residential and commercial projects installed in 2014. Contractors received one point per residential hot water installation and two points per commercial installation.
You can interact with the Top 500 Solar Contractors list many ways. Here are your options:
- Go straight to the web-based Top 500 Solar Contractors list
- See the list as it’s printed in the magazine with our Digital Edition
Contractors by market:
- Top Utility-Scale Contractors
- Top Commercial-Scale Contractors
- Top Residential-Scale Contractors
- Top Off-Grid Contractors
Contractors by service:
- Top Solar Developers
- Top Solar EPCs
- Top Electrical Subcontractors
- Top Rooftop Contractors
- Top Solar Hot Water Installers
- Top Solar Construction Firms
Contractors by selected states:
- Top Arizona Solar Contractors
- Top California Solar Contractors
- Top Colorado Solar Contractors
- Top Florida Solar Contractors
- Top Maryland Solar Contractors
- Top Massachusetts Solar Contractors
- Top New Jersey Solar Contractors
- Top New York Solar Contractors
- Top North Carolina Solar Contractors
- Top Pennsylvania Solar Contractors
- Top Texas Solar Contractors
- Top Utah Solar Contractors
- Top Washington Solar Contractors
A special thank you to our 2015 Top Contractors Advisory Panel:
AES Distributed Energy, E Light Wind and Solar, Ecological Energy, Energy Independent Solutions, Exact Solar, Florida Solar One, Harmon Electric, Helios Solar, Helix Electric, LightWave Solar, Monolith Solar, New England Clean Energy, Palomar Solar, Photonworks Engineering, Positive Energy Solar, Rosendin Electric, Sierra Solar Systems, Solar Source, Solar-Fit, Solect Energy Development, Sol-Up USA, Southern Energy Management, Standard Solar and Tennessee Solar Solutions
Sun Edison delivered 640 MW globally in Q3 2015, with about a 1/3 of that in the US, and it’s nowhere on any of these lists?? Is this meant to be an objective ranking or a pay-in marketing tool?
Kelly Pickerel says
Those companies on our Top Contractors list must fill out an application each year, providing their installation numbers. We hope to have a more comprehensive list in the coming year.
Is this just for Solar Thermal? Where is Sungevity on these lists? Aren’t they top 5 in residential PV?
Steven Bushong says
Hi there. Every company listed on the Top 500 applied for a position. Sungevity, while a prominent installer, did not apply.