Arizona contractors on the Solar Power World Top 250 Contractors list installed almost 870MW of U.S. solar in 2012, more than any other top solar state on the list. California came in a close second with more than 730MW installed in 2012. California, however, comes out on top when it comes to total MW installed with more than 1,940MW, while Arizona contractors on the Solar Power World Top 250 list have installed 1,700MW total. The Arizona-based solar contractors on the Solar Power World Top 250 list are comprised of more than 6,200 employees.
Arizona Key Facts:
• 9,800 solar power jobs; 290 solar companies
• The 1,097 MW of solar energy currently installed in Arizona ranks the state 2nd in the country in installed solar capacity.
• Offers corporate solar and wind tax credit at 10% of installed cost
• With 138,731 homes powered by solar energy, Arizona ranks second in the nation for number of solar-powered homes.
• In 2012, $590 million was invested in Arizona to install solar on homes and businesses.