Nevada comes in last among the top solar states on the Solar Power World Top 250 Contractors list installing more than 8MW in 2012. Nevada does beat out Massachusetts and Texas, however, with more than 80MW of U.S. solar total installed. Nevada-based companies on the Solar Power World Top 250 Contractors list include 145 employees.
Nevada Key Facts
• Nevada has the most solar energy installed per capita in the country.
• 2,400 solar jobs are available in Nevada.
• Implemented a 25% renewable energy goal by 2025
• 82 companies in Nevada are solely solar.
• Installation is the top subsector for solar employment in Nevada.