Lufft of Germany says its all-in-one weather station is equipped with a special external surface temperature sensor for monitoring solar module temperature. The new optional external sensor can be attached to the station and adds additional channels, which can be easily polled via the existing communication signal. The WS Family of all-in-one weather stations provide high precision measurements of multiple parameters including solar radiation, wind, rainfall, temperature, humidity and barometric pressure.
Also, add external surface temperature with 3M adhesive for back of solar module temperature. The sensor has configurable communication to work with nearly any PLC, Datalogger or SCADA system communicating using MODBUS-RTU, ASCII, SDI-12 or Analog.
Additional features include;
- Improved functionality of the built in digital compass with accuracy to 1 degree
- Optional external tipping bucket rain gauge
- Optional external ambient temperature sensor
- Optional heated or low power energy saving mode
- Optional external leaf wetness sensor for agricultural applications
All of these new features are available with the complete line of Lufft WS family of weather sensors. There are nine sensors to choose from based on the measurement needs of your solar project.